YafaRay for trueSpace Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
 on: November 01, 2011, 06:43:02 PM 
Started by Jack Edwards - Last post by fxrex
Wow! Can hardly believe skeletal meshes are working now. Even having to add sds is actually a good thing. You guys are awesome human beings. You've made truespace a contender again. I wish you guys the very best in everything.

on: October 06, 2011, 11:36:09 PM 
Started by Stingray - Last post by Stingray
Nevermind... Got it working, just uninstalled everything and installed them again, now the icons appeared.

on: October 05, 2011, 03:02:28 AM 
Started by Stingray - Last post by Stingray
I'm trying to get tSpace 7.61 up and running and now I'm stuck. TrueSpace works, I've installed YafaRay into a dummy Blender folder and I've run the YafaRay4tS setup. I get to step 6 of the YafaRay4ts installation instructions '6.) Load the "Install YafaRay4tS Toolbar" scene.' and that opens the YafaRay4tS scene for me just fine, but no toolbar appears? Any ideas where it might be hiding/how to open it?

on: August 21, 2011, 01:15:09 PM 
Started by anwaypasible - Last post by anwaypasible
i plan on coming to a render conclusion to dive into the shapes and not have to worry about anything when i lean back and press the render button.

hopefully i will get a decent crayon box so i can start making some coloring books.

here is a picture showing i got the light emitting texture:

on: August 21, 2011, 12:02:20 PM 
Started by anwaypasible - Last post by trueBlue
In general, Radius should be inversely proportional to the number of photons shot: the more photons the less diff. radius. However, a too low radius wihout an adecuate photon density, introduces noise (small patches). Radius settings are one of the main factors in render times. If the number of photons to look up and average increases, so does the render times.
Lots of indepth information about the Yafaray render engine here:
http://www.yafaray.org/documentation/userguide

on: August 21, 2011, 11:45:39 AM 
i uninstalled yafaray4ts and installed the new one as suggested.
(didnt uninstall the yafaray renderer though)

but
the light emitting texture works now.
i just throw the yafaray material onto the model and pick a color, then adjust brightness.
much more functionality than it not working.

i used this picture to test the new yafaray version:

as you can see, the above scene is very simple with preset shapes again.
and i enjoyed looking at the scene clintonman posted, so i did a bit of enclosed reflection myself. (missing lots of reflection on the ball though)

i'm at a point where i could ask more questions, but i am not totally willing to be a pest.
with that said..
i will leave the question up and allow you to answer it if you have time or feel the need.
otherwise i will hunt down some 'similarities' on the internet.

why does photon mapping look better than direct light?
and
how come there is some bad pixels in the rendering each time i use photon mapping?
the render settings are on default (except i changed the resolution to 800x600)

i also really want to know why the lights from the text are grainy with speckles.
didnt matter what choice of render light i used.. there was grain in all of them.

on: August 21, 2011, 07:26:39 AM 
Started by anwaypasible - Last post by trueBlue
1.) Looks like you are using trueSpace's, Material instancing =  Scene.
I have not tested this but I doubt YafaRay4tS supports this, and so you should select Material instancing = None.
Which also means that you would have to repaint your objects with YafaRay4tS materials. Like Clinton has suggested, starting over would be the easiest way.
Recommend that you first remove Yafaray and YafaRay4tS completely and install the newest version of both.
Example is your scene rendered in YafaRay4tS v7.5.
Note that I checked Double Sided in order for your text to render properly.
I deleted your Sphere Light and so in this example there was no lights.
I moved your text closer to the Plane.

on: August 20, 2011, 07:33:09 PM 
Started by anwaypasible - Last post by clintonman
that is cute... but it doesnt tell me if light emitting textures is possible, or if there was some 'advanced' trick taking place.
is there some steps i am missing?
is the version i am using non-functional?

feels like i am left out in the freezing cold over here despite efforts.
Light emitting textures are possible.
There is no advanced trick.
The old version works, but not on my computer because of the Yafaray version I have installed.
Your scene file is messed up in a way I cannot explain.  That's why I recommend starting over.  I also recommend asking your question at the United3DArtists forum.  Most truespace users who use Yafaray hang out there.  http://www.united3dartists.com/forum/index.php

on: August 20, 2011, 07:09:06 PM 
that is cute... but it doesnt tell me if light emitting textures is possible, or if there was some 'advanced' trick taking place.

as i said, all i want is to get my box of crayons gathered to start the motivation of rendering some more advanced shapes.

i'm not going to build something that is a replica of anything.
if i had that kind of motivation, i would already have an answer to my question as to whether i enjoy 3D modeling.

perhaps we might not see eye to eye.
i have a need to finish the product to be satisfied, otherwise i wont be licking or tasting at the effort i put in.
there doesnt seem to be any better way for me to put it, other than to describe my situation as well as thirst.

i have seen some intense 3D models without any texture, and i wasnt impressed in the slightest.
i know it took some time to get there, but that time spent doesnt wow me.
i dont think anybody grabs some crayons to simply force the length of the crayon down.
at least..
not in my house.
i always avoided people like that.

is there some steps i am missing?
is the version i am using non-functional?

feels like i am left out in the freezing cold over here despite efforts.

on: August 20, 2011, 06:49:57 PM 
Started by anwaypasible - Last post by clintonman
I looked at the scene and the materials looked strange.  I think they are fixed now.  I can't test it because I'm using the latest version of YafRay4tS found here(last post by trueBlue on this page):

http://www.yafaray4ts.org/forum/index.php/topic,29.135.html

trying to render the scene results in a crash.
i have no idea why you think the materials looked strange, as if you referenced them to something else.. but didnt care to share what the reference is/was.

i will attach a photo of the error message.
and
i tried to render a different scene, it rendered fine ... so i think maybe there is some serious difference preventing either one of us from rendering the scene because of the version difference.

see for yourself here..
I guess my quick fix didn't work. :( 
I recommend starting over with the latest YafaRay4tS and a new scene.  I'll have access to another computer with a compatible YafaRay renderer installed tomorrow and I'll take another look at your scene.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10